Sunday, March 20, 2011

2 Old boats.

Excellent sailing on "Sunnyside Up"/"Mean Mr. Mustard Yesterday". Dead air, except for a nice breeze in the last hour. It has been 16 years since I was at the tiller of that boat, and she was worn out back then. I'm happy to say that John and Walter have done a great job turning that old boat into a really nice, modern racer. Helming the old J was pretty odd after a few thousand miles on the Santana 25. It was weird getting used to a boat that is much less tender, a good bit faster, and a bit less weatherly. Also I think the amount of bullshit that had to be dealt with on "Allez!" made that boat a real pain in the ass to sail. I'm going to check out a Parker-Dawson 26 on my way back down to TPA next week - If anyone has a line on nice 28-32 foot shallow draft cruiser in the Gulf, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment